Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Good Morning 3 a.m., 4 a.m... ZzzzzZzzzz....

Why do old dogs wake up in the middle of the night?


Twelve year old Chihuahua, Cupcake and 12 year old Shih Tzu named Gracie have problems with their sleep patterns.  Most nights they start running around the bedroom between 3 and 4 a.m., but last night I woke up at 3 in the morning without any help at all. But I did have the pleasure of waking up two very confused dogs.  (Mwahahaha!)

Yes, I was disappointed in the election, but more than that, I'm afraid. I have no idea why so many people put their trust in a man who knows the bankruptcy laws better than the IRS. Or who, at age 50, thinks "grabbing them by the pussy," is a good way to express their disregard for woman. Change? They want change? Hitler's Germany isn't the kind of change anyone should want. Sheesh!

Is that why I woke up in the middle of the night?

Probably not, I have hope that the GOP will defend our country even if they'll tank the economy with their failed plan of trickle down economics. The GOP created this monster, but like they did with Obama, they could block all his ideas for 4 years and maybe we won't find ourselves back in a recession.

I stop to think, are my sleep patterns messed up by age? If menopause still affecting me after I've been pretty much done with it for a few years?
Eh, who knows. Sometimes I feel I'm blaming more and more on my age and not the fact that I'm just not getting my fat butt off the couch enough. I admit it, I love my big old couch with it's cushy pillowy fabric and soft faux suede finish.

So at 3 a.m. I crawled out of bed, woke the dogs, and booted up the old laptop so I could add to my NaNoWriMo word count. For anyone who doesn't know what NaNoWriMo is; it's a challenge for writers (or wannabe writers) to hit 50,000 words in one month. Roughly 200 pages, not a very long book but the qualifying count for a novel.

Thanks to insomnia, I'm now rockin' 11,737 words since November 1st. WhoooHooo!


No comments:

Post a Comment