Saturday, January 20, 2018

Hello Unemployed Life

After almost 4 years with a company, I've been laid off. Not a surprise. I had watched them laying people off, firing some, and crying about money. I was the recruiter and who needs a recruiter when they're cutting staff?

So, now I'm looking at other jobs/careers and checking out the possibilities. I think of my strengths and where I want to be in five years. I want to be in  a place where I'm challenged, kept busy, and maybe discover new things. I want a job where I believed in the vision of the owners. That they were good and honest people and wanted the best for their employees.

The place I left had been failing in more ways than one. They played favorites, showed disregard for the feelings of their employees, talked a good show, but didn't follow through. There were lies. I hate lies. It made me extremely uncomfortable and went against my moral code. Management told me to lie and forget about it. Shameful. Being laid off wasn't the worst. It freed me from the crazy little liars and hopefully stopped me from being dragged down to their level. I think when your bosses ask you to lie for them, its a major warning sign.

So, now I shop for a job. Find a place where I can do good things. That's what I want. to do good things and make people happy. Is that so much to ask?


No comments:

Post a Comment