Friday, April 7, 2023

Half Way Over 60 & Wondering What's Next

 At 65 I have no idea where I'm going next. Does anyone?                        

When my mother was 65 she died. A second heart attack took her out. She languished in the hospital for almost a month before passing. Most of that time in a coma. Mom hadn't been in the best of health for years and I think the lack of medical know how and information kept her ill.

Today we have the internet and the ability to look up our symptoms and and research doctors who can help us. One reason I picked my last doctor was because RateMyMD.com had reviews that said, "she doesn't give up until she figures out what's wrong." The doctor I had before her was a waste of time. He would dish out medication without running tests and kept saying everything was stress. Simple answer that didn't help anything. 

I think if Mom had the right doctor she might have been healthier and lived a longer and more enjoyable life. 


At 65 today I can lift 50 lbs of dog food, wrestle a 60 lb shep mix into a harness and still keep going. Don't ask me how because not every day is perfect. Some days it's exhausting, other days I breeze through. 

I've been reading a lot about positive thinking and that old law of attraction stuff. Right now it's all over social media sites and there's lot's of tiktok'ers talking about it. 

So, how to make this positive? I'm repeating the following; 

"I have the body & health of my 21 year old self" 
Me at 21 - 1st degree Black Belt

I repeat this several times a day. Especially when my back tells me to slow down, my knees creak and the hip screams as I try to stand. 

"I have the body & health of my 21 year old self."

Then I have to wonder if it really is mind over matter.  There are reports that a long time ago living to over hundred was a normal thing.  Then I started to do research but didn't really find any truth to that. Check out the page Ancient Origins where they come up with other meanings for the reports of living longer. 

So back to what I want out of life at 65? That would be good health, fun times, and work that brings the satisfaction of helping others. (I choose to help dogs & cats in rescue) And I get to play with puppies. 😎 

I think positive thinking is helpful but not sure it's going to make me feel like I'm 21 again. That was a very good year. However 65 hasn't been too bad either. 

Where are you now? Does it make you happy? 


No comments:

Post a Comment