Monday, March 20, 2023

Let's Wine about it. Joint pain?


 I drink wine. 

Not often but maybe once a week or so I'd have a glass. 

Let's talk about the last two times I tried wine.  Both spaced a couple weeks apart. 

First; A popular American wine. Delicious. 

Next morning it felt like every joint hurt, wrists, knees, ankles, elbows, and I had a headache. So then I was thinking what did I do differently yesterday that makes my joints feel like they're on fire today? 

Could it have been those two glasses of wine? I considered it. After all this was alcohol and I usually didn't drink much so was wine the culprit? Could wine have that affect on joints? 

Now, at 65, I know my body is a lot different than it was at 25 but my joints were on fire!

Fast forward to this past weekend. I try wine again. But this time the wine is from Italy. Two glasses. Next day; No joint pain, no headaches. Next night I have two more glasses. (Had to finish the bottle, right?) Following day still no pain, no headache. 

A while ago someone told me they only drink wine from Italy because American wines give them hangovers. I never really gave her comments a second thought, but now I have to wonder what's in American wine? Or is there a magic something in Italian wine? 

Who knows? 

Maybe next weekend I'll pick up an bottle of Italian wine and give this experiment another test. 

Anyone else try this? What's your wine of choice? 









No comments:

Post a Comment