Saturday, April 18, 2020

Stay at Home!

State lock down! We're ordered by the state to Stay at Home and that's okay. This is slowing that curve in many parts of the country so, as hard as it can be, it's working.

My small business is suffering and we're hoping to survive. I love my studio and miss the people who came in every week. We had regulars whom we loved. We shared their birthdays, their joys, and listened to their problems. It was like an extended family.

Now I worry about them. I hope they all stay healthy and we see them on the other side of all this craziness.

With time on our hands, all the time in the world to do whatever we want ... at home. What do we do? I've watched way too much TV. Attempted to work on a new book. Done some closet reorganizing, cleaning, laundry and I'm bored.

Cabin fever is real. I find myself staring out the front window. I miss chatting with the neighbors. I wander the rooms thinking, what can I do in here?
I'm snacking way to much.

So what do we do about cabin fever?
I'm thinking of writing down a schedule.
Like from 10 am to noon create art.
From noon to 1 lunch hour,
from 1 pm to 2 write,
from 2-4 household stuff...
and on and on.

So what's your Cabin Fever cures? All ideas welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment