Tuesday, January 7, 2020

New Life, New Business, New Adventures

I know life is nothing without goals but I think as we grow older we stop setting those goals. Where once we had a goal to get a new job, hit the gym regularly, go back to school (my dream) or publish a book (3 to date & a novella -find them on Amazon) or maybe even leave everything you know behind and start a new life.

That's what we did at age 60.

Crazy?

Very. But determined. Our new business seems to be slowly moving along and dare I say - picking up a bit. We need to rethink our marketing. Which I think is something you constantly have to keep re-doing. Marketing is something that constantly changes. It's fun and exhausting.

Still I couldn't imagine being retired and sitting around doing nothing all day. I think that would make me even more crazy than the starting-a-new-business thing. I don't golf and can't imagine just hanging out all day.  Maybe 60 really is the new 40? Like maybe 10 or 15 years from now I'd be more open to just retiring, but now? I'm having fun building something that is ours.

I think sometimes the way to approach a new goal is just one step ahead of the other. Keep moving and don't waste time with worry. That's not productive. Instead I look to the fun part of the job. The art, the people and the day to day activities.

Set that goal, have some fun, and know that as long as you're moving forward you're going in the right direction.


No comments:

Post a Comment